Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What Super Power would you want, and why?

There are many exciting possibilities -- a vast array of colorful heroes to choose from. What to choose, and why?

If you look at the comics, nobody gets that choice. Heroes may be born on distant planets, bitten by radioactive insects, or derive power from a gadget, but they don't get to choose one and pass up on another.

The only choice they get is to be heroes or  not, to use their gifts and abilities to the benefit of others or not, to have extraordinary lives, or not. You and I have the same choice.

In our world, heroes rarely wear capes or costumes. The lesson of the comics is about attitude, not ability. Keep the speed and strength. God give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. If I only get one, let it be courage. Serenity is overrated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment